Sunday, September 5, 2010

Audio: Alphabethead - Springs Got Next




Alphabethead says...

Spring’s Got Next is a laid-back, sunny Hip Hop beat. I was trying to banish the blues and create the antithesis to Wellington’s wet, windy winter.

Rather than just let the beat loop I found guitar and flute solos on vinyl and cut them up to fit the track. I love taking unrelated jazz solos and chopping and screwing them to ride my beat. I’ve achieved some fascinating results from dislocating David S Ware and Marshall Allen sax solos and setting them to dubstep or down tempo grooves. The solos are probably totally out of key but it sounds great to me; at least they’re on beat! The guitar solo is from the Roland Kovac New Set. Flutes are from Chilliwack. The fun part in assembling this one was the feel change at 01:56. Gamelan style played on Vibraphone!

Welly winter be gone… Spring’s Got Next [DOWNLOAD]

Adieu,

alphabethead

No comments:

Post a Comment