Sunday, May 2, 2010

Poetry: Eat My Shorts

Heres a collection of short poems by Sam Tanielu (Usual Suspects) wrote, inspired by a poet called Richard Brautigan. The collection is called 'Eat my Shorts'


I had a job once
I had a job once.
The end.

Text message
After texting her to say goodnight like i always do
I think i accidentally fell in love with her again.
She doesn’t know it though, so
i’m going to sleep with the same stupid smile i had when i was 6 years old,
i farted inside church and nobody was around

I hate the internet
I hate the internet.
On my birthday, some internet arsehole
will think he’s clever and say to me
‘Happy brithday, you’re only as old as your facebook status’.

Dining Table
We laughed tonight,
she was sitting opposite me at the dining table and i pretended
i wasn’t staring at the way her lips created a smile
out of thin air.

Insomnia
I can’t go to sleep
so i’m eye-fucking the computer screen
hoping i will get it pregnant (how will she tell her parents?)
and it will give birth to a digital baby
and its digital so it doesn’t take 9 months to arrive
it takes two seconds
and now i’m paying child support
through online banking
and i have a digital baby that shuts down when
i want it to.

Yesterday
Yesterday I buried an aborted foetus in the backyard
Haphazardly trying to hide my secret from the world
But when i cried, my tears that were ironically pregnant with guilt
Fertilised the foetus and from the mess of mud grew a flower.

Baby dreams

I often wonder what babies dream about
I think its like when you buy a new wallet and there’s a picture of somebody else in it
Maybe baby dreams are the same, their dreams are already pre-packaged for them,
until they are comfortable enough to dream for themselves.


You can find Sam's poetry at http://opshopmodels.wordpress.com/poetry/ where he will be putting up new work regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment