Saturday, January 23, 2010

Tourettes #2 In Amplifier Top 20

source: http://www.amplifier.co.nz/news/53437/amplifiers-top-twenty-albums-of-2009.html

"Hello, my name is Tourettes. I like rapping, poetry and playing the drums. I write about politics, love and diseases. I'm in a crew called Breakin Wreckwordz. We're pretty good. At the moment I'm waiting to release my new album Who Said You Can't Dance To Misery, in an effort to get the voices out of my head and into yours."

Who Said You Can't Dance To Misery was mixed by Karl Steven (Supergroove) and mastered by Angus McNaughton.

Amplifier says: Tourettes has a way with words. As he should, being a poet. But if you approached this album thinking you were going to get poetry of the Wordsworth "I Wandered Lonely As a Cloud" type then you're going to be in for a rude shock. Who Said You Can't Dance to Misery is a challenge. It has an edge that's so sharp you could shave with it. It gives voice to the inner-city streets of Auckland rather than trying to sound like it came from Compton. This is vital listening and more people need to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment